Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Draper Temple~

We had the opportunity to go through the Draper Temple this past Saturday. It is a very pretty temple. It has a lot of beautiful wood from Africa and amazing marble from Italy. I have to laugh at Jesse and I we were admiring the moldings, wallpaper, marble, murals. and the furniture. Maybe we should have been admiring "other" things..:) We both said that we are really proud to be Latter Day Saints and what a wonderful church we belong to. We both actually felt the spirit very strong at the same time. It was when they show you a little video explaining the temple and a little bit of history about our church. Jeffrey R. Holland was speaking of how he imagined how wonderful Heaven would be and then he got emotional and said how he couldn't imagine being there without his wife and his kids by his side. What a wonderful testimony he has.
It was the last day of the open house and so as you can imagine there were a ton of people there. We had to wait for the buses to take us up to the temple, and that was about an hour wait. Sophie was wondering why I didn't have the church bag and why she couldn't color. I had to tell her that even though it looked like church we weren't at church. They started to get restless, I wasn't prepared to have to wait that long so I had no back ups. BUT I did have my purse....so out came gum, cards, pens, and the camera. (hoping to take a wonderful family picture at the temple, notice the word hoping) As we were in the temple Dylan said to me, "Now Mom, why are we here again?", I said it isn't very often that you get to see the inside of a temple and that it will probably be about 8 years before he can go inside again. Then I told him my boring story of how I remember going through the Jordan River Temple when I was seven and I had to wear booties over my shoes and I still remember it now. I had the feeling that he was understanding it a little more. After we were done I asked the kids what was there favorite part and they both said that the cookies and water at the end was the best part....So we tried, I hope they will remember....It was a fun day...To follow are some photo's by Dylan...notice there aren't any wonderful family photos by the temple ohh well maybe next time...





















3 comments:

Brittney said...

Tiffy I love you and your cute fam!!! I have a blog too. mine is bbsimpson.blogspot.com :)

grannie jaon said...

I'm so proud of you and the sweet way you write to tell how you feel. It makes me feel too. Your children are really little angels we are all been blessed by their sweet spirits. They will remember the temple experience. LOVE YA

christie said...

Hey, Tiff! Glad you found me! Now we can stay in touch w/ one another. Your kiddos are so cute!