Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thoughts~

My great friend Emily lost her Mom this past week. Rita has been battling with MS for 20 years. I think everyone has been amazed at her fight. Emily lost her Dad just one ago to Lung Cancer and now her Mom to MS. It has made me think about others and their struggles that they endure. We all have our struggles, but I think that we need to be mindful of others and the battle that they fight, some each day others in different periods of their lives. We need to remember to pray for others no matter their faith and help them if we can.
“What though the skies seem dark today, Tomorrow’s will be blue; When every cloud has cleared away God’s providence shines through.”

2 comments:

grannie jaon said...

You are so sweet and thoughtful. Everything you said is true. Youe do need to be more mindful of others. And you that each of us have trials, and none of us work trade ours for theirs.

wandering nana said...

When I think my life is tough I always look at others and realize how easy things are. I lost a friend to cancer 3 years ago. She left behind 5 children (oldest 18 youngest 6). She was such a great example to us with her positive attitude and strength. We are surrounded by those who need our prayers.