First~ My Dilly Pickle turned the big EIGHT this year.
It was a family party this year. (my fav) We went to Jumpin Jacks and then we headed to Fat Jacks.
What can I say about this boy he is truly one of a kind. He is very creative, he is passionate about building things, he is a problem solver, he is the best big brother ever, he is a extremely hard worker, he gets 100% on his spelling test every week, he really loves his dad, he is the Best Hugger ever, he says the best prayers ever, he wants to pay more tithing than he needs to, he loves spaghetti, he loves Sprite, he loves his Mom even when she tells him to clean his room so much, he is the best fort builder ever, (including multiple rooms, levels, wiring, plumbing, and decorations) What more can I say he is way cool! He is so special to our family, he brought our family together and made us what we are today. I am eternally grateful to My Heavenly Father for letting me but for a brief moment care for this special spirit, this sweet boy, I call My Dilly Pickle. OH and lets not forget the big day, 1/1/11! The day he is baptized!
Second- We had another wonderful time at Jackie's condo at the Gateway! We have so much fun there. I think it is because it's close but still far enough away, it's cheap, (except when we shop at Old Navy!) It's so fun to walk to the movies, dinner, shopping, & dessert and be home in minutes. We also walked from the Gateway to Temple Square to see the lights. It was great, warmer than usual, no snow, and the lights at Temple Square were amazing! Here is my favorite picture by the amazing orange tree. I could have looked at this tree for hours, it was so beautiful!
Third~ Snow Day! It snowed on Dec. 21st nearly 2 feet. I thought it was so fun to tell the kids that school was cancelled. It reminded me of when I was a kid and playing in the snow all day long! The kids had a great day, I on the other hand snow plowed three times that day. Thank goodness for the snow plow that we bought one month earlier, it came in very handy! It was pretty crazy!
Fourth- Christmas Eve Party at Aunt Lynnie's.
We had a really fun time. Lots of great food, laughs, and fun! Jesse laughed so hard at the game "Thinking" we were playing I thought that he was going to pee his pants. My handsome hubby sporting his new argyle sweater! Sasha and her reindeer undies! Gramps chilling on the couch! What more do you need at a Christmas Eve Party?
Fifth~ Christmas Day! Does it get any better with a 8 year old and a 5 year old I say not! The magic is so fun! I pray that never goes away, it hasn't for me yet! We had a super fun morning, the kids were so excited to run down the stairs to see what they got. It was so funny when they first came into the family room they were showing Ricky what Santa left in his stocking and showing him his treats, they were so cute. Then of course let the un-wrapping begin! I have the funniest video of Dylan opening his stocking and pulling out batteries and he was screaming like it was a new bike. It is hilarious, however I don't know how to download it to my computer. :(
Sophie was blessed with more pet shops and little squickies. Great more little things to fish out of Ricky's mouth! We played all day the kids didn't even get out of their pajama's. Gramps and Grannie continued their great tradition in going to all of our homes on Christmas Day. I feel bad that I live the furthest but they make it every year and we are so glad!!! What a fun day to spend with the family. Grandma and Grandpa in Arizona gave us a Wii so needless to say Jesse and I have sore shoulders and tennis elbow. We are pretty competitive at this house. It was a great day and I hoped it would never end. We had a perfect turkey dinner if I say so myself it couldn't have been better. What a wonderful time of year to spend time with family and remember our Savior and the life of service that he gave. I'm so grateful that I have such a wonderful family and that we have the gospel in our lives. What a wonderful life we have!
Before.....
After.....
Gingerbread house....
Peace..out....
2 comments:
Love the pictures and to read your sweet words about your family, what a special family!xoxoxoxoxox
Wow, what a fun Christmas break you had! And I can't believe Dylan (Dillon?) is 8!!!
Great pictures!
Post a Comment