Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I believe~

That Christmas is the greatest time of the year. Of course we celebrate the birth of our Savior and what a wonderful blessing that is. We also get to remember others that are less fortunate than us. The last is to be a mom of two young kids where this time of year is so magical. I get so excited for them, I think that I get that from my mom. She is still and rightfully so a true believer of Santa. I can remember even when I was older she would say to me that if you don't believe in Santa then you really wouldn't get anything for Christmas. Her favorite book is the Polar Express and I guarantee you that she hears the bell ring every year. What a wonderful thing to try and pass on to my kids. I know I'm getting to them because Sophia asks me everyday if today is Christmas. Her eyes get really big and her hands clap together and she jumps up and down. What a great moment it's going to be when I get to tell her YES, TODAY IS CHRISTMAS!!!!! Merry Christmas everyone and especially to you Grannie Joan......

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

I still believe and I still hear the bell...... and who ever doesn't, won't get anything from Santa. Do you remember the YW Christmas stories and the ribbon with the bell on it? Do you still have yours?

skbkmjfamily said...

I was going to say that our mothers come from the same mold. I guess that is why we love being around your mom. That is a great gift I hope to give my children. Santa is anything you want him to be.

grannie jaon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grannie jaon said...

I do love Christmas. I love giving to my family. I love buying dolls & doll stuff. It was so much fun buying the buggy for Sophie, because both of us had one too. I've always believed in Santa. Thanks for being so sweet your so special to me. And your sweet Dylan & Sophie.
LOVE YA ALL so MUCH