Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ahh Spring....or is it?




There is nothing that says or smells rather like Spring to me than the smell of burning wood. I know you are asking yourself is she crazy? I am, but the smell of burning wood here means that Spring is coming. This is when the orchard farmers are pruning their trees and burning big piles of branches. I love that smell. As soon as Spring came here the last couple of weeks it is sadly gone again. As I am typing this post I look out the window and see SNOW! Lots of it too... Dang! Please bring back the smell of burning wood, the kids frolicking outside, bikes out, sidewalks filled with colorful creations, and Slurpee's. PLEASE!!!

3 comments:

wandering nana said...

I just got back from 80 degrees in Dallas which dropped to 46 degrees the day I left....I returned to 40 degrees and now they are predicting snow for us. I'm waiting for spring. Hope it comes soon for both of us.

Libby said...

Last year we didn't even get a spring up here, it was 30 to 40 degrees until mid June. So I'm feeling like mother nature owes me!
I hope it comes quickly and stays.

christie said...

Totally agree..not w/ the burning wood thing, but with needing Spring to come back! I am so sick of this weather.