1)I can't believe that it has been 3 weeks since my last post. I guess we have been busy. JW and I are project do'ers. We like to make lists and get stuff done. We usually spend the whole weekend doing it but it does get done. We work really well together, I always say that we are a great tag team, when he starts to get frustrated that's is my cue to step in and take over. But after the entire summer with the basement and the fall and summer the year before that on the yard I'm tired of projects....We checked off a big one this weekend though...The Garage!!! It is spotless, now I won't be embarrassed when the garage door opens and I hurry and drive in and close it...In fact today I left it open for all the world to see.
2)I love this time of year. I could really live in this weather all year long. I love summer and the pool but there is nothing better than crisp fall air. I even made apple crisp last night for dessert. (my favorite!) We went to Payson Lakes last Sunday. It was so beautiful and the colors were amazing. We packed a picnic and walked around the lake. The kids loved it. Sophie chased squirrels and Dylan was finding the biggest rocks to throw in the water. I of course made sure everyone had a jacket but I managed to forget one for me. It was a little chilly! While we were eating we heard a gun shot about every ten minutes or so, the deer hunt is upon us and the whole time I was hoping that the hunter had missed.
3) This last thought is about conference. I love to watch it. I haven't always been that way. I remember times when I was not going to church and I would know that it was conference weekend I would try everything not to see it on TV. I think that I knew that I should be watching it. Well people change and the gospel can do that for people, it has done it for me. I love this gospel and I remember the days when I didn't have it. When I didn't have the spirit with me. My life was lost. I was lost. I have purpose now. I have a divine purpose. I have an eternal companion, not just until I die. I love him more than just till I die, I love him to eternity! (and back) My kids are with us forever, and I will do all that is in my power to keep them close to the Lord. It is my job, and I love it!
2 comments:
You always have been a worker. I wish I was more organized. I love number 3. t is so true. Hopefully my little lost one will realize that one day. I'm so glad you are an eternal family. I love you and miss you.
I've missed your blog, thank you for your beautiful thoughts about conference. I don't know what I'd do without the blessings, and knowing that my prayers are answered and my children are being blessed on a daily bases. You really know how to make a mother proud.
Post a Comment