Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Enjoy the Journey~


This afternoon while I was shoveling and I mean shoveling raviolis in my mouth out of the pan over the kitchen sink, (which I don't even like) I was thinking of all the things that I needed to do in 15 minutes:

1. Get 2 girls and 1 boys hair done
2. Change two diapers
3. Get 4 kids shoes on
4. Make 4 kids go potty
5. Go potty myself
6. Get two backpacks
7. Have 2 kids brush their teeth
8. Brush my teeth
9. Get six kids in the car to take two of them to school.
10. Separate 2 kids immediately
Then I had just one more thought go by, "enjoy the journey"
I thought I can't think of that at a time like this. Then I "heard" yes you can.
The sweet words of our Prophet reminding all of us to "enjoy the journey". I tell Dylan all the time will you be five forever? He just laughs and tells me that he needs to grow up. Then I ask Sophie will you be three forever? She answers, no I want to be sixteen! Uhhh! I think often times I become overwhelmed at the speed that my kids are growing up. I tell Jesse that we don't have much time, there is so much I want to teach them and so many things that I want to do. Will there be enough time to teach them to love this gospel and to never leave it? Will there be enough time to teach them to love their Heavenly Father and turn to Him when ever they need Him?
As I heard the Prophets words on Sunday I felt reassured that I can have enough time and I am doing my best to teach these things to my children. I need to do better, much better, but I felt like He knows that we all try to do our very best.
Enjoy the Journey!

3 comments:

wandering nana said...

Oh Tif, you are such a beautiful young lady. You will never know how much it means for me to hear you say this. Your children will grow and turn into wonderful people as I have watched you do it. I love you and miss seeing you on Halloween. Will you post your address in a comment and I won't post it (the comment) but that way I at least have your address.

skbkmjfamily said...

Tiff,

My favorite is Llama llama mad at mama. I love these books a new saying in our house is "are you having llama drama."

I too feel the words of the prophet so strongly in me. I get so busy being the ref, that I forget that being the coach is the best job ever. Being there to cheer them on, teach them, enjoy the game with them, watch it, participate. Not just sit and yell out what to do, but to be by them all the time.

Oh and did you add some children?

Tiffany said...

Katie,
I tend kids, that's why I have extra's. It's a little crazy but I get to stay home with my kids and that's the best part.
I have Llama llama mad at mama too!
I love them. Good job being the coach.