Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family Night~

Have you ever had this wonderful idea in your head about a family activity and then you are in to this activity and wonder why?
6:30
Leave for Payson Canyon for dinner and enjoy the beautiful leaves.
6:35
Dylan: Mom I'm hungry!
Mom: I know we are going to eat soon.
6:40
Dylan: Mom I'm starving!
Mom: I know we are going to eat soon.
6:42
Dylan: Mom we have been in the car for 10 hours!
Mom: Son we have been in the car for 12 minutes.
Sophie: Mama look at all the pretty leaves. (thanks Soph for recognizing)
6:45
Dylan: Mom why are you stopping to take a picture, I'm starving!
Mom: Look at all the deer kids!
Sophie: Mama do you like the orange ones? (again Soph thanks)
6:50
Dylan: (crying) Mom you've passed lots of places to pull over and eat.
Mom: Dylan we are trying to find a nice spot with a picnic table not to just eat in the car on the side of the road.
Dad: I think everyone had the same idea as you.
Sophie: Mama I sure like all the pretty leaves. (thanks Soph)
6:55
Mom: We are just going to have to pull over and eat on those logs over there.
Dylan: Finally!
Dad: Where are we going to put the food?
Mom: On our laps, hurry is getting dark.
Sophie: This is fun Mama. (isn't she great)
7:05
Dylan: Munch, munch
Mom: sigh
Dad: Munch, munch
Sophie: This is so much fun and so pretty here.
7:07
Dylan: can everyone please be quiet, I want to hear the peacefulness.
Mom: (?)
By the way, there was no lesson taught, no singing, no spiritual moments, just us, a family and it was night.

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

I just laughed. I can just see you talking the way you would answer Dylan. Such a cute mom. Did the kids ever notice the deers?

skbkmjfamily said...

Tiff, I am excited to see what the sixth W girl is up too as well. Your kids are darling, and I love your family night, isn't that what it is about, just being a family.

I have those conversations all the time with my kids as well.

CoUrT.n.JuS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CoUrT.n.JuS said...

TIff that is so cute. That other post is mine that was deleted, I am just learning so I am kinda a retard
court